Live life unapologetically your way!
/e’vːiva/ = Hurray! To life!
A 6-session emotional empowerment and expansion program.
Reconnecting with your inner world through the medium of movement therapy.
Find a deep sense of knowing where you no longer feel the need to justify or explain yourself.
Hush the external chatter so you can hear your inner voice, throw off the shackles of expectation and live the life YOU want.
Understand why perfectionism and people-pleasing are making you feel like you’ll never be enough or do enough.
Ready to discover the powerful woman hiding underneath your ‘good girl’ mask?
Does this sound familiar?
“I feel like I’m never enough. I am burning out from trying to live my supposed ‘best life’.
I make decisions based on fear, and what I think I should do, rather than what I actually want.”
Are you exhausted from trying to be the best version of yourself? Constantly striving to ‘Make an impact!’ or ‘Live your best life’?
Let me unequivocally tell you, I am not surprised. Today, our culture praises competition and achievement over connection and expansion. We have been brought up to constantly strive, people-please, and dismiss our own needs so much that we’ve lost contact with ourselves. We’ve lost our voices, and we’ve lost our self-confidence. Not only does this lead to a speedy case of burn out, it also means we end up hiding some really delicious parts of ourselves that we long to share with the world. We end up living a life that fits someone else’s mould. We live our lives from a place of fear.
We are Fear-Full:
- Fear of rejection. Worrying about what others might think of us, worrying about being judged, that we’re not going to ‘make the grade’.
- Fear of failure, of being canceled, of being judged as ‘less than’.
- Fearful that we are simply ‘not enough’.
- Ignoring or silencing our inner voice and listening to the voices of everyone else instead, taking on their views, their opinions.
- Feeling resentful or angry with ourselves because we haven’t spoken up.
- Feeling paralyzed by perfectionism.
- Fear of not being liked. People pleasing. Staying small so that others don’t dislike us or worse.
- Allowing people to smash our boundaries so that they think we’re a ‘nice girl’ or a ‘good woman’
- Losing our confidence, joy, our voice, and sense of self.
What if you could learn to listen to your inner voice (again)
What if you could turn down the volume on the exterior world?
And turn UP the volume on your internal world? Slowing things down, reconnecting you with your heart and your instinct? Not caring what the external world might do or say or think. I have a good feeling that you’d be feeling a lot calmer, more at ease with yourself and your life.
You do not need to be ‘improved’
You are already ‘enough’. You are not ‘defective’. It’s just that the pressures from society and the frantic pace of life have caused you to disconnect from your inner voice. Your inner knowing. And perhaps you’re living someone else’s desires and plans.
Maybe you’d be living with more pride in yourself
Feeling more fulfilled because you’re living the way YOU want to, not the way others things you should.
Perhaps you’d be feeling more strong and certain
So you’re able to focus on just one thing, and relish it, rather than trying to spread yourself too thin.
Hopefully, you would live more at ease
And do the things that you actually enjoy. Focusing on the relationships that you think are really important.
Maybe you would act with courage
And spend less time questioning yourself. How would you be if you dropped the ‘good girl’ mask, showed the world more of who you really are, and started to dive in to things that truly lit you up inside?
Let’s focus instead on
- Learning to listen to your body, to the language of your inner voice
- Exploring your feminine power
- Throwing off the ‘good girl’ mask to see what lies beneath
- Increasing your self-confidence
- Setting boundaries and learning to say no (and mean it)
- Spring cleaning your mind, shedding light on limiting beliefs, and stories that you have running in the background
- Uncovering the silent fears that have been keeping you small (and learn how others have exactly the same fears).
About your guide – Sarah Tuckett
Somatic psychotherapist, Counsellor, and dance movement therapist based in Brisbane.
Nowadays I help clients get their life back from the grips of anxiety, stress, trauma, and more through 1:1 sessions and group movement therapy. But back in my 20s and 30s, I was living someone else’s idea of a successful life… and it didn’t work well for me.
I burnt out in my 30s. Twice.
Fearful of not pleasing others and of being ‘not good enough’, I did supposedly prestigious jobs that felt hollow and jarred with the real me. I studied continuously trying to prove my worth through academic achievement. I sought permission and opinions, instead of listening to my own voice. I cowered under the weight of my perfectionism. The pressure of living up to false standards of ‘success’ caused me to burn out. Twice. Aged 30 and 35.
I learned to listen to my own voice, my own heart
It wasn’t until I started to listen to my own voice and my own heart, that I started to follow my own path. I haven’t burnt out since.
Now it’s my time to help you
So I want to guide you to listen to your inner voice. To help you see the stories you’ve got running in the background, like redundant computer programs, that colour your decision-making. To help you establish your boundaries. And to help you rediscover what is important to you.
Qualifications are important to some people, so here are mine:
I have been working full-time as a psychotherapist since 2016. I am a Clinical Professional member of PACFA (membership no’ 23732) and a Provisional Professional member of DTAA. I have a Master of Mental Health (Psychotherapy) from University of Queensland (2018), Advanced Diplomas in Somatics and Dance-Movement Therapy (2019), Integrative Somatic Psychotherapy (2015 and 2019), and Integrative Somatic Trauma Therapy (2021). For my full qualifications please see About me.
One of my clients described me as a ‘mental martial artist’
Because I helped her find her strength, her voice and her assertiveness. But I like to think of myself more as a ‘mental Flamenco dancer’ because I help you find your feminine power, passion and pride.
Flamenco is the National dance of Spain. It is passionate, powerful and sensual. They wear their emotions with pride. And what’s more, the women take no BS from the men! I like to think it’s my role to help you find your passion, power, and pride.
In this program, I’m going to be guiding you like a coach
However, my knowledge and experience as a psychotherapist will underpin everything we do. I can use all my tools of the trade to gently guide you, I can support if you feel overwhelmed by big emotions, or like my own Flamenco teacher, Diego, I can challenge you when it’s needed.
This stuff that’s holding you back from your desired life? It’s time to pack its bags and politely, yet firmly say Arrivederci! Because it’s your time for you to remember what it is to be in love with life again.
Through movement we remember
Movement therapy increases your ability to be aware of your body so you can listen to the wisdom it’s trying to tell you.
As you move, images, thoughts, and feelings arise that connect you to your subconscious mind, to your core self.
Your mental flexibility increases, new possibilities open up in front of you, answers to questions suddenly revels themselves.
What do you want to reach out and grab? These are the clues we’ll work with using movement, breath, enquiry, drawing, and journaling, to connect to your inner reality and remember who you really are.
Get your vitality back!
What will we be doing?
6 x sessions (1.5 hours) in person or over Zoom
Each session we will explore a different topic (see below) following a similar format:
1. We will begin with some guided movement and breathing.
2. You will then be led into an experiential of discovery, where you will be encouraged to move your own way and rediscover your inner world.
3. This will be followed by time for self-reflection to help you integrate your inner thoughts and feelings.
4. You will have the opportunity to share your experience in small groups if you wish.
• Please note that each session will predominantly be about moving and self-reflection. There will be less talking than a traditional therapy session.
After each session
I will email you more material to either help you keep integrating and reflecting, or generate thoughts and feelings about next week’s topic. This is voluntary.
Yes please sign me up!
Sessions 1 and 2
Session 1 – Reconnecting to your body
In week 1 we create the framework and intention for this 6-session program. We begin with the foundations – our body. Let’s see if we can ‘re-friend’ our body, finding compassion, gratitude, and acceptance. I will show you how to listen to the voice of your body. Your heart and soul – the place where there are no words. Just a sense of knowing.
During the week:
I’ll invite you to create a timeline of your life to date – including your success and failures.
Session 2 – Your life to date – successes and failures
This week we celebrate your past successes. But we’ll also look at the value of failure and adversity. Can you give yourself room to ‘F’ up a bit? Or do you ‘cancel’ yourself? Let’s re-think failure. It can often shape you more than ‘coasting’. Failure can be the catalyst that helps you shine even brighter. Can you allow yourself to flow with the chaos of life? You’ll get an understanding of where you are, where you want to be (your desires, values, and goals), and the uncomfortable thoughts and fears that are holding you back.
During the week
I’ll invite you to think about the word “feminine” and the beliefs, images, memories that this stirs up for you.
Sessions 3 and 4
Sessions 3 Feminine Power
What do you associate with the word “feminine”? What about the word ‘power’? Power is not necessarily power ‘over’. I’m just inviting you to step more into your feminine power. Expand into your potential – whatever that looks like for you. This is about exploring the connection to your femininity, sensuality, and creativity. Perhaps trying on a new way of being that is vastly different from how you currently present to the world. And just maybe peeking under the ‘good girl’ mask.
During the week
We’ll look at people-pleasing and how we play the ‘good girl’.
Session 4 Boundaries
This week we’re going to listen intently to your inner voice – Connecting to what is you – not the socially-acceptable version of you. We’ll identify what is right for you (not others), and what is your preferred personal space bubble. We’ll explore Me versus Not Me and Me versus you. We’ll learn why it’s important to distinguish between the inside and outside of your body, how to deal with boundary violations and crossings, and how to manage relationship rupture and repair.
During the week
I’ll invite you to look at perfectionism. The advantages and disadvantages. And why you might be hanging onto it.
Sessions 5 and 6
Session 5 Learning to say “No” and expressing your needs
Let’s have some real fun learning how to say No. With your body posture, with your face, with your voice. No. Just no. Definitely No! Needs – we all have them and it’s ok to need. But there’s often such a sense of denial and urgh neediness around needs. Yuck! So let’s look at your needs and learn how to express those needs in a mature way (so that they have a better chance of getting met).
During the week
I’ll invite you to complete a cool diagram to map out your values, goals, desires, negative limiting beliefs, and how you self-sabotage.
Session 6 – Stepping into vitality – happiness, pleasure, purpose, pride
In our final week together we reflect on how far you have come in the program. But before we get to that, lets’ try out feeling ‘enough’ and let go of expectations (yours and other people’s) and accept the chaos of life. Let’s focus on what is filling you with pleasure, purpose, and pride now, what you want to bring into your life, and what you want to let go of.
Yes I’m totally in!
An important note for those who don’t think they can dance.
Dance-movement therapy is not necessarily about ‘dancing’.
Dance-movement therapy IS about
- Slowing it down and listening to the sensations and impulses of your body
- Letting your body move you
- Movement but not necessarily ‘dancing’
- Improving your awareness of your body (sensations, posture, how you move and how you don’t)
- Accessing your somatic memory and your unconscious mind
- Expanding your range of motion and your corresponding mental flexibility.
Dance-movement therapy is NOT about
- Learning dance routines
- Performing for others
- What you look like on the outside
The Eviva! program is right for you if …
- You have had enough of living someone else’s life and want to step into the joyful, vibrant life you’d always dreamed of
- You want to connect with your true self and find your voice so you can ask for what you want
- You want to change how you feel about yourself and your relationship with your body so you step out feeling pride and confidence
- You feel a calling to let go of past limitations in your life and step into your Feminine Power
- You have a curious mind and want to use movement and breathing to tap into your unconsious mind
- You like moving your body (or think you could get into the swing of it)
- You are late 20’s or over
- You are committed to attending the 6 sessions of the program.
Eviva! may not be for you if …
- You don’t really like moving your body
- You know you can talk the hind leg off a donkey. This is not a ‘talking’ therapy program. There will not be a lot of time for unloading or processing feelings (max 15 minutes at the end of each session)
- You want somewhere to vent your feelings. The focus in this program is on self-inquiry and reflection through movement and experience
- You have been diagnosed with a personality disorder, are suicidal, or have been recently hospitalized for a mental health issue
Eviva! 1:1 Program Details
Eviva! 1:1 package includes:
- 6 x 75 minute sessions with me either in person or via Zoom.
- Additional material emailed to you inbetween sessions to either help you integrate the learning from that session or prepare you for the next one.
- Email support from me inbetween sessions.
- I’m still finalising the pricing. If you’re interested please get in touch by email or by booking a discovery call (see the gold button below).
Eviva is a 6-session package. It’s your choice whether you see me weekly or fortnightly (but I wouldn’t suggest that we go more than 3 weeks between a session. Think of it like learning a new sport or musical instrument, you need to keep the momentum going).
To book your place
Please use the button below to book your place. You can choose to pay in full or 3 monthly installments.
If we’ve never met before
I’d love to have an informal chat with you. Scroll down a bit more to see how to book a free 15-min discovery call with me.
Book your discovery call here
Refund and Cancellation Policy
Cancellations less than 1 week prior to the programme start date will receive a 50% refund. Email Sarah at email@example.com. Exemptions may be made at Sarah’s discretion for emergencies.
If you start the program and decide within 7 days that it’s not for you, I am happy to give you a 50% refund. Please talk to me and tell me why you are not satisfied. Email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. Exemptions may be made at Sarah’s discretion for emergencies.
Would you like to talk to me first before you commit?
Book your discovery call here
Frequently asked questions
Perhaps one of these might answer your burning questions about the program. But if it doesn't feel free to email me email@example.com or book a discovery call/zoom.
Are you worried about "dancing"?
Ok, let’s get something straight first up. This is not about ‘dancing’ per se. You CAN dance if you want to. Movement therapy is not about following dance routines, looking amazing, or kicking your heel up by your ear. This is about MOVEMENT. You move all day, every day. Swiping your phone, cooking dinner. But in dance-movement therapy this is about letting your body move you. Waiting and listening for your body’s impulses to move. And when you do that, the magic happens… All you have to do is listen. W Everything is offered as an invitation. There is no ‘have to’ or ‘should’. If you want to lie on the floor the entire session, go for it!
Will it be secure?
I'm too shy to be in a group? What would I have to offer a group?
Will it be confidential? Will other members talk about me to other people?
What am I going to learn from a group that I couldn’t learn from a 1:1 situation?
- Your personal growth within a group setting is often more powerful than individual work as you will feel the support of your peers.
- It gives you an opportunity to see how others affect you, and how you affect others. You may find a group member’s process moving, triggering your own emotions and allowing you to express whatever needs to come up.
- Through interaction with group members, you get to discover and accept previously unknown or unacceptable parts of yourself.
- You learn that you are not alone in dealing with certain emotions/situations.
- It’s a chance to connect with like-minded people in your community and feel a sense of belonging.
- In addition, you learn from the feedback of your peers. The group becomes a mini-version of the outside world where you get to try out new behaviours and get feedback. New neural pathways are created!