Breathing in the stars
Breathing in the stars and breathing out stress
A few years ago, one of my clients told me how he had adapted one of the breathing techniques I had given him. I loved it so much I immediately told everyone who came through my door. I had forgotten it until I saw this photo of the night sky.
It’s a lovely technique to calm your nervous system at night time. All you have to do is:
- Lie down on your back in your back yard (or your balcony, or gaze out of the window if it’s too cold).
- Make sure you are really comfortable. That sense of comfort is what is going to let your nervous system know that you are OK to relax. So use cushions, rugs, pillows, blankets. Whatever you need to make a nest.
- Let your body sink down into your nest. Yield to gravity.
- Allow your eyes to gaze up at the night sky.
- Bring your awareness to your breath.
- Inhale the stars.
- Exhale any negativity, stress or tension.
Thank you R 😉
For more breathing, movement and rest techniques, hop on over to the Resources page.
If you would like to ask me what Counselling or body psychotherapy is all about, I offer a FREE 20-minute discovery session by phone for new clients. You can also book this online by clicking the button below.