Body psychotherapy and counselling
“To restore to a patient the feeling of being rooted into the earth through his feet is the therapy’s final step. It enables him to regain his standing as a person.” Alexander Lowen, Co-founder of Bioenergetics.
The benefits of both counselling and body psychotherapy are that they
help you move from a place of anxiety, depression, pain and isolation to a state of calm, clarity, and connection.
It helps you find your calm place inside yourself.
It allows you to work through difficult emotions in a supportive, confidential atmosphere.
It helps you let go of physical and emotional tension in your body.
It helps you regain your energy and motivation for life.
It builds up your self-confidence so that you can live a meaningful life. I reflect back to you the amazing qualities that I can see in you (that often you can’t see).
It helps you reconnect with your authentic nature (as opposed to the person you’ve been modelled into by society or family). You become really clear about who you really are and what you love.
Body-orientated therapy takes you deeper and you get better results:
- The breathing exercises bring life back into your body.
- The grounding exercises help you find strength in your SELF so you can move forward in your life with ease and confidence,
- The physical movements and vocal expression help you release tension from your body. Helping you let go of exhausting or limiting thoughts and feelings.
You can book in to see me using my online diary or give me a call on 0450 22 00 59.
Please have a look at my FAQ page for answers to some common questions about therapy.
Release: and Nia – movement therapies
How do you want to feel today? Grounded? Free of tension? More present in your life? The aim of a mind-body class is to do exactly that. Whether you want to dance (Nia) or just move and breathe (release:), the benefits are the same:
- Release of tension (physical and emotional)
- Let go of the stressful or upsetting events of your week
- Mindfulness and relaxation
- Ability to breathe deeper
- Emotional expression
- Awareness of your body
- Sense of community
- Feel more present and grounded
Whether you come to see me for an individual session or a group class, I help ordinary people like you and me…..
- With your body – feel where the tension is so that you can heal. Feel what you TRULY feel rather than what you think you ought to feel.
- With people – with a partner, with a new lover, with friends.
- Tension and old undigested feelings – letting go of things that are holding you back or not serving you any more; and
- Find the courage and clarity to let go of relationships that are no longer serving you.
Find your joy!
- Live with courage, passion and purpose.
- Make your life count.
- Start living the life you want to live instead of living to please others.
Do you want to stay in a place or pain, isolation, depression/anxiety? Or do you want to say YES to clarity, calm, connection and JOY?
Click this link to go to my online diary to make a booking for a 1:1 session. I’ll give you a call afterwards to say hello and make sure you know my address and where to park.
There’s no need to book for the movement classes – just turn up.
I offer a 20 minute FREE Discovery session so that you can meet me and ask me anything you like about therapy or the group classes. You can book this through my diary or you can give me a call on 0450 22 00 59.
Still a bit unsure? Take this little quiz to see if psychotherapy is right for you
Take this quiz (optional). Do any of these statements sound like you?
- I want to move past emotional and physical blocks that have been holding me back
- I want to release tension from my body
- I want to be able to fully let go and allow myself to feel joy, happiness and passion
- I want to feel a connection with people
- I want more intimacy, love in my life and to feel comfortable with my sexuality
- I want to have more energy and vitality
- I want to have the courage to follow my passions and dreams.
If you felt like one or more of these statements resonated with you, then why not try a body psychotherapy session. Please book your session online or call me on 0450 22 00 59 to book your first session.
Still not sure if body psychotherapy is for you? Why not try one of my group classes? Or contact me on 0450 22 00 59 to arrange a FREE 20 minute discovery session phone call to tell me about your situation and ask me anything you like.